A podiatrist, also known as a podiatric physician (/poʊˈdaɪətrɪst/ poh-dye-eh-trist) or “foot and ankle surgeon”, is a medical professional, a physician devoted to the study and medical treatment of disorders of the foot, ankle and lower extremity. The term originated in North America, but has now become the accepted term in the English-speaking world for all practitioners of podiatric medicine. Podiatrists are the only medical professionals who exclusively specialize in treating the foot and ankle. The following are Podiatrist North Sydney expert clinics options for you.
North Sydney Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Centre
60 Pacific Hwy
St Leonards NSW 2065
Ph: (02) 9966 4700
Fax: (02) 9966 4733 http://www.nssmc.com.au/
The North Sydney Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Centre is one of the largest private orthopaedic and sports medicine practices in Australia.
It was established at its original site in 1989 when orthopaedic surgeon and podiatrist Dr Mervyn Cross brought together a group of orthopaedic surgeons, sports physicians and physiotherapists with the aim to set up a centre to provide the very best in orthopaedic and sports medical care using a team approach.
Since that time The Centre has expanded to include Orthopaedic Surgeons, Sports Physicians, Rheumatology, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Nutrition and a specialist Radiology practice covering all areas of musculoskeletal medicine. It has gained a national and international reputation as a centre of excellence, particularly for the treatment of knee injuries, foot and ankle injuries and shoulder injuries.
The clinic has played a leadership role in clinical research and the education of medical professionals through its Fellowship Programs, its research institute AIMS, and its commitment to the Sydney Orthopaedic Registrar Training Program.
North Sydney Sports Medicine is a multidisciplinary practice for the management of all sporting injuries and problems. The Sport and Exercise physicians provide expert diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal injuries, whether they be in athletes, work-related, or simply from everyday activities. The physicians also deal with other sports related problems such as respiratory problems, cardiology, environmental medicine, biomechanics, rehabilitation and problems of ageing such as osteoarthritis.
The physician or podiatrist, being specialist doctors, do require a referral for normal appointments.
NSSM also provides the services of Podiatrists, Dietitians, Specialist Physiotherapists in Spinal care and Elite dance, Rheumatologists including Paediatric Rheumatology, a Rehabilitation Physician and Orthopaedic Surgeons in Upper Limb, Knees, Foot and Ankle and Joint replacement.
NSSM is co-located with a Radiology Practice specialising in musculoskeletal imaging allowing prompt evaluation and treatment of conditions. NSSM prides itself on prompt referral to other services including Orthopaedic Surgeons when required that are personally suited and specialised in that area of injury.
The primary aim of NSSM is prompt diagnosis and early return to sport, exercise or work and this approach is enhanced by the Physicians being involved in elite care therefore driving proactive innovative management when appropriate.
NSSM is located at 60 Pacific Hwy, St Leonards (on the corner of Pacific and Berry Rd). Click here for location and parking details.
PODIATRIC SURGERY CENTRE
90 Pacific Highway
Shop C, 12B Greenwood Plaza
North Sydney 2060, Tel: 02 9976 3390
What is Podiatric Surgery?
Podiatric surgeons are unique, dedicating themselves to research, investigation and mastery of surgical therapeutics of the foot and ankle, exclusively.
Podiatric surgeons are podiatrists who have completed extensive, post graduate medical and surgical training and perform reconstructive surgery of the foot and ankle. The qualifications of podiatric surgeons are recognized by Australian State and Federal Governments. It is an approved specialty by the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency. Podiatric surgeons are included within both the Health Insurance Act and the National Health Act.
Podiatric surgeons are concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the foot and ankle. They are uniquely qualified to care for bone and soft tissue pathology of the foot and ankle, including:
- Structural deformities, including bunions, hammertoes, painful flat foot and high arched foot deformity
- Bone spurs
- Heel pain
- Nerve entrapments
- Tendon and soft tissue problems
- Degeneration and arthrosis of the joints of the foot and ankle
- Skin and nail conditions
- Congenital deformities
- Trauma-related injuries, including fractures and dislocations and post- traumatic arthrosis
Suite 802, Lvl 8, 83 Mount Street,
North Sydney 2060, firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you value extensive experience & ongoing education in a practitioner?
Barefeet Podiatry has extensive experience and knowledge in the lower limb.
Head Podiatrist Career Highlights:
– Conference Lecturer to UK Podiatrists nationally for 3 years- Lower limb biomechanics, heel & foot pain solutions
– University Lecturer & tutor@ Anglia Ruskin University (Cambridge subsiduary) teaching post graduate podiatrists Lower limb biomechanics & foot pain solutions
– University Lecturer & tutor @ Anglia Ruskin University (Cambridge subsiduary) teaching post graduate podiatrists Ingrown toenail surgery (Partial nail avulsions)
– University Lecturer & tutor @ Anglia Ruskin University (Cambridge subsiduary) teaching post graduate podiatrists Local Anaesthetics in the foot
– Conference Lecturer to over 1500 delegates annually for Foot Health Professionals
– Educator writing & leading intense courses on lower limb function & foot function, biomechanics, heel & foot pain to Post Graducate Podiatrists
– Senior Biomechanical podiatrist in several London high risk hospitals- focusing on haemophilia- if the foot alignment is incorrect and not perfect, then the ankles can bleed into the tissues and cause massive problems for people with haemophilia- only highly trained and qualified podiatrists can have this role (two roles in total are available in the entire UK)